Integrative Cancer Care
The oncology team at the Osher Center includes two oncologists, an integrative medicine physician, and a nurse practitioner, all of whom specialize in integrative oncology.
Our practitioners are trained in both conventional and complementary medicine. Patients receive a professionally guided and personally oriented set of recommendations that combines a range of therapies, providing a holistic approach and an integrated treatment plan.
In addition to our clinical services, we have free classes for people with cancer and their caregivers and an online “Cancer and Nutrition” guide.
Benefits of Treatment
Meet Our Practitioners
Please visit our extensive website on cancer and nutrition. Other resources include:
- Living with Cancer: Classes at Osher Center for people with cancer and their caregivers
- Osher Center “Cancer and Nutrition” guide
- Osher Center Integrative Cancer Care video library
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center patient education resources
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center podcasts
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center videos
- “Thinking About Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Guide to People with Cancer” from the National Cancer Institute
- “Talking about Complementary and Alternative Medicine with Health Care Providers: A Workbook and Tips” from the National Cancer Institute
- “Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment” from the National Cancer Institute
- “Anticancer Lifestyle Program” from Concord Hospital
Kiecolt-Glaser, J. K., et al. (2014). "Yoga's impact on inflammation, mood, and fatigue in breast cancer survivors: a randomized controlled trial." J Clin Oncol 32(10): 1040-1049.
Ornish, D., et al. (2013). "Effect of comprehensive lifestyle changes on telomerase activity and telomere length in men with biopsy-proven low-risk prostate cancer: 5-year follow-up of a descriptive pilot study." Lancet Oncol 14(11): 1112-1120.
The Osher Center accepts insurance for service. Please check with your health insurance company to determine if coverage and prior authorization is required by your policy. Our Patient Navigator will provide guidance regarding the fees for each service and your action steps to confirm your insurance coverage and authorization. Out of pocket clinical service fees vary based on each individual’s insurance coverage. A 40 percent discount may be applied for this visit for self-pay patients, not covered by insurance, who pay the day of the appointment.