Integrative Ayurvedic Medicine Training for Clinicians
We are excited to launch a year-long training program in Integrative Ayurvedic Medicine for healthcare professionals who see patients in a clinical setting, beginning Fall 2024.
Ayurveda, a traditional medicine originating in South Asia several thousand years ago, can be translated from Sanskrit to mean the art and science of living. It is a comprehensive system of medicine that emphasizes the interconnectedness of the mind and body and strives to maintain or regain internal balance or homeostasis. Ayurvedic medicine utilizes personalized multi-modality self-care therapies that emphasize healthy lifestyle practices, cultivate resilience, and generate well-being.
While many programs explore Ayurvedic principles, our program focuses on providing clinicians with practical skills to seamlessly integrate Ayurvedic knowledge into their practice. We empower healthcare professionals to not only understand Ayurveda but to apply it effectively, enhancing patient care and opening new horizons in holistic health.
What sets our program apart?
- Clinical Focus: Tailored for clinicians, emphasizing practical skills to seamlessly integrate Ayurvedic knowledge into practice.
- Effective Application: Empowering healthcare professionals to apply Ayurveda effectively for enhanced patient care through modules that incorporate self-directed learning and assignments, live discussion groups and case studies, learner formative assessment, and practical learning.
- Holistic Approach: Going beyond exploration, our program provides a comprehensive understanding of Ayurvedic principles, opening new horizons in holistic health.
- Community Connection: Learners benefit from a supportive group of like-minded professionals, fostering collaboration and shared experiences.
- Flexibility: Our program features twelve month-long units that are tailored to meet the demanding schedules of physicians.
Our 12-month program trains clinicians to:
Eligible healthcare professionals: We are seeking an interdisciplinary group of clinical health professionals from biomedical and integrative health fields, including but not limited to:
- Medical Doctors
- Osteopathic Doctors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Naturopathic Doctors
- Registered Dietitians
- Clinical Psychologists / Marriage and Family Therapists
- East Asian Medicine /Acupuncture Providers
- Homeopathic Medicine Practitioners
- Chiropractic Doctors
Our instructional methodology utilizes:
- Case studies and live discussion groups
- Scholarly projects
- Formative assessments
- Self-directed learning and assignments