Integrative Health Equity and Applied Research (IHEAR) Summer Training Program
The UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine announces the launch of an eight-week summer training program focused on Integrative Health Equity and Applied Research (IHEAR) for interprofessional, predoctoral health professions students. The goal of the NIH-funded IHEAR training program is to build the capacity and diversity of the integrative medicine research workforce to advance health equity.
Integrative health equity is an emerging field focused on applying integrative approaches to improving health among underserved and vulnerable populations and testing models to improve access to integrative medicine in inadequately resourced settings.
Please direct any questions about the program to Ms. Yvette Coulter at [email protected].
Eligibility and Application
- Applicants to the program must be currently enrolled in a health professions doctoral program (e.g., acupuncture, medicine, naturopathy, nursing, osteopathy, pharmacy, public health).
- Applicants must be a United States citizen, a non-citizen national, or a foreign national possessing a visa permitting permanent US residence.
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds underrepresented in the biomedical, clinical, behavioral, and social sciences will be given priority, although membership in one of these groups is not a requirement. For details regarding NIH diversity eligibility, see Notice on NIH’s Interest in Diversity.
- All applications must be submitted electronically using the online application form.
- A preview of the application form as a PDF is available.
- Personal Statement (600-word maximum, submitted as PDF):
- Why are you interested in integrative medicine and underserved, vulnerable populations?
- What are your academic and career goals?
- What has inspired or motivated you to pursue these goals? (Expand on community involvement, volunteer experiences, previous research, personal life experiences, etc.)?
- How will participating in IHEAR help you reach your goals?
- Any other information about yourself that you would like us to know.
- Resume/CV as a PDF.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor or other relevant person on official letterhead sent to Ms. Yvette Coulter at [email protected]. Letters of recommendation are due by the application deadline.