Anand Dhruva, MD
- Director of Education, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Health
- Osher Foundation Endowed Chair in Education in Integrative Health
- Director of the Clinical Fellowship in Integrative Health, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Health
- Research Faculty, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Health
- Integrative Oncologist and Ayurvedic Practitioner, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Health
- Professor, Department of Medicine
Group Medical Visits
- Ayurvedic medicine
- Yoga and yoga breathing
- Botanical medicines
- Palliative and supportive care
Dr. Anand Dhruva is the Director of Education at the UCSF Osher Center. He has been a faculty member at UCSF and at the Osher Center since 2006. As a board certified medical oncologist, he is well acquainted with the standard approaches to cancer and the concerns of patients with cancer. He has completed training in integrative medicine and Ayurvedic medicine.
He works in the modality of integrative oncology, which employs a holistic approach to healing, utilizes evidence whenever possible, emphasizes the patient-practitioner relationship, and makes use of all appropriate approaches to health.
The goals of Dr. Dhruva’s practice are to integrate safe, effective, and individualized complementary healing approaches into cancer care and survivorship. His practice is open to adults living with or beyond a diagnosis of cancer. He also offers Ayurvedic medicine consultations for all adults.
Education and Training
- Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship, UCSF
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona
- Internal Medicine Residency, Emory University
- MD, Wayne State University School of Medicine