Integrative Medicine Grand Rounds
The UCSF Osher Center's Integrative Medicine Grand Rounds series provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of Integrative Medicine practice. The series aims to close the gaps between ideal practice and current practice by providing ways providers can offer whole-person, integrated care. These monthly presentations follow the academic calendar (September to June) and are held on the third Wednesday of each month from 8 to 9 am, with the exception of UCSF holidays. We welcome all UCSF faculty and staff, and the broader health professional community. CME/CEU credit is available.
- Accreditation: The University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education for physicians and other health professionals.
- Designation: UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. The credit maximum above reflects all Osher Integrative Medicine Grand Rounds to be offered in Fiscal Year 2021. This is based on one hour of credit for each 1-hour session. Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Acupuncturists: This live activity is approved by the State of California Acupuncture Board for 1 hour of Category 1 CE course credit (provider number 1377).
Past Integrative Medicine Grand Rounds
- Integrative Health Equity: Paradox and Promise by Maria T. Chao, DrPH, MPA
- Culturally-Informed Complementary Treatments for Pain Management by Valerie W. Jackson, PhD, MPH
- From Personal to Professional: Making the Journey Toward Integrative Whole Health Within the VA Health Care System by Karen Seal, MD, MPH
- Mindfulness-Based Cancer Recovery: Program Description and Research Overview by Linda Carlson, PhD, CPsych
- Integrative Aging: Optimizing Wellness across the Decades of Elderhood by Louise Aronson, MD
- Maurice Kanbar Lecture on Innovations in Integrative Medicine: Placebo Effects in Medicine by Professor Ted Kaptchuk
- We Have to Pick a SIDE (Stakeholder, Infrastructure, Diversity, and Equity) in Academic Medicine by Tung Nguyen, MD
- IM4US: The Intersection of Social Justice and Integrative Health Care by Priscilla Abercrombie, RN, NP, PhD; Rhonda Smith; Ariana Thompson-Lastad, PhD; and Maria Chao, DrPH, MPA
- Prescribing Nature for Health: Taking Medicine into the Woods by Nooshin Razani, MD, and Jenifer Matthews, MD
- Mindful Surgeon: Demonstrating the Possibility and Value of Contemplative Cognitive Training in Surgery by Carter Lebares, MD
- MDMA - Assisted Psychotherapy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Early reports and announcement of a new multicenter trial by Sylver Quevedo, MD
- A Review of the 2018 ICIMH Meeting by Osher Center members who attended the 2018 International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health in Baltimore.
- Collaboration, Possibilities, and Future Approaches to Polycystic Kidney Disease by Jennifer Ashby, DAOM, LAc, and Meyeon Park, MD
- Toward Just Healthcare for All: Revolutionary Reflections on Mindfulness, Social Justice, and Integrative Medicine by Rhonda V. Magee, MA, JD
- Kanbar Lecture on Innovations in Integrative Medicine: The Entanglement of Meditation and Medicine, and What Love’s Got to Do With It by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD. The video of this presentation is now online at UCTV.
- Mindfulness-based approaches to promoting women’s mental health during pregnancy and parenting: Novel targets and delivery formats by Jennifer Felder, PhD
- Mind-Body Medicine for Children and Adolescents: An Integrative medicine approach to successfully incorporating these tools into clinical care by David Becker, MD
- Modern and Traditional Dietary Approaches for Diabetes Mellitus by Rick Hecht, MD; Carla Kuon, MD; Anand Dhruva, MD,;and Evelyn Ho, PhD
- Movement, Breath and Psyche: Yoga and Other Mind-Body Therapies for Treating Major Depression by Sudha Prathikanti, MD
- Managing Stress, Building Resilience: The Imperative for Mind-Body Medicine in Health Professions Education by Aviad Haramati, PhD
- Do 4.2 Million Children Need Ritalin? The Integrative Treatment of ADHD by Sandy Newmark, MD
- New Developments in the Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder by Thomas Neylan, MD
- Complementary Therapies in Treatment and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease by Myriam Hunink, MD, PhD
- "Minding" Our Bodies: Research on the Impact of Tai Chi on Cognitive-Neuromuscular Interactions in Older Adults by Peter M. Wayne, PhD
- Endometriosis-Associated Chronic Pelvic Pain: An Integrative Approach by Judith Cuneo, MD
- Acupuncture and the Placebo Effect by Lisa Conboy, MA, MS, ScD
- Comparative Effectiveness Research on Acupuncture by Claudia Witt, MD, MBA
- Marijuana: Is It Medicine Yet? by Donald Abrams, MD
- Time to Reconsider the Concept and Treatment of Teenage Depression? by Eva Henje-Blom, PhD
- Approach to Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Case Presentation & Panel Discussion by Rick Hecht, MD; Najwa El-Nachef, MD; and Kevin Barrows, MD
- Integrative Approaches to Chronic Pain by Diana Coffa, MD
- Neural Mechanisms Supporting the Modulation of Pain and Health by Mindfulness Meditation by Fadel Zeidan, PhD
- Communitas: Transforming the Experience of Pediatric Chronic Illness by Brittany Blockman, MD
- Are We All Addicted? Why We Get Hooked on Habits and How Mindfulness Can Help Change our Behaviors (and Brains) by Judson Brewer, MD, PhD
- Stretching, Connective Tissue, Chronic Pain, and Cancer by Helene Langevin, MD
- Integrative Urologic Oncology by Jonathan Brajtbord, MD