Understanding Optimal Postpartum Care and Support
Are you a midwife who would like to share your experiences providing postpartum care? Consider participating in this research study about community midwifery care in the U.S. as a model to improve perinatal health outcomes and reduce healthcare inequities.
- You will participate in one interview lasting approximately 60 minutes
- Interviews will take place either in person or over Zoom video call
- Researchers will ask you a series of questions about your work experiences with a focus on postpartum care
- You will be offered a $50 gift card as compensation for your time
- At the end of the project, we will share what we have learned from you and other participating midwives
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are a midwife (CPM, LM, CNM, CM) with past or present experience providing home or birth center-based care in California
- You have provided postpartum care for birthing parents and their babies
- You speak English and/or Spanish
We are especially interested in speaking with midwives of color and midwives who have ever been reimbursed by Medi-Cal for community midwifery care.
- Principal Investigator: Ariana Thompson-Lastad, PhD
- Co-investigators: Jessica Harrison, PhD, LCSW, and Chanda Williams, PhD
Interested? Please reach out to us at [email protected]