UCSF CME Course - Applying Integrative Medicine in Everyday Practice: An Overview and ImmersionFebruary 22-24, 2019
This immersive, three-day course focuses on clinical “how-to” aspects of integrative medicine. We provide an experiential introduction to the practice of integrative medicine by focusing on pragmatic, effective, evidence-based modalities and how they can be applied to address specific clinical conditions. Educational sessions are enhanced by hands-on learning opportunities, including nutrition-based cooking and herb preparation in a state-of-the art teaching kitchen, and meditation and mindful movement among the redwoods. This course, offered by the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, is designed for physicians of all medical specialties, nurse practitioners, and physicians assistants, who are interested in gaining a foundational understanding of the practice of integrative medicine.
An attendee completing this course will be able to:
- Incorporate advanced knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological, and social-behavioral sciences relevant to integrative medicine
- Develop an approach to evaluating the integrative medicine literature
- Describe, incorporate, and develop a referral strategy for core integrative medicine modalities, including mind-body medicine, botanical medicine, and nutrition
- Apply integrative medicine knowledge to clinical care
- Improve approach to patient care by combining integrative medicine modalities together, alongside biomedical treatment
- Provide effective patient care consistent with the existing evidence base in integrative medicine for disease prevention, treatment of illness, and health promotion.
- Apply linguistic skills to communicate effectively with the target population
- Utilize cultural information to establish therapeutic relationships
- Elicit and incorporate pertinent cultural data in diagnosis and treatment
Anand Dhruva, MD
Associate Director of Education, and
Director of Clinical Fellowship in Integrative Medicine,
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
Associate Professor, Department of Medicine,
University of California, San Francisco
Brad Jacobs, MD
CEO & Executive Medical Director, BlueWave Medicine
Chairman of the Board, Academy of Integrative
Health and Medicine
The University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine (UCSF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This CME activity meets the requirements under California Assembly Bill 1195, continuing education and cultural and linguistic competency.
Nurses: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Physician Assistants: AAPA accepts category 1credit from AOACCME, Prescribed Credit from AAFP, and AMA Category 1 CreditsTM for the PRA for organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Pharmacy: The California Board of Pharmacy accepts as continuing professional education those courses that meet the standard of relevance to pharmacy practice and have been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
Travel and Lodging
800 Bethany Drive
Scott’s Valley CA 95066
$1500 Standard Room Package
$1625 Balcony Room Package
Standard registration fee includes:
- Course registration and electronic syllabus
- Overnight accommodations (single occupancy)
- Three daily gourmet meals served in Kitchen Table - dinner Friday 2/22/19; breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday 2/23/19; and breakfast and lunch on Sunday 2/24/19
- Access to campus amenities including the Healing Arts Center steam room, fitness center, trails, and adjunct wellness classes offered in the morning and afternoon
- Botanical herb preparation and nutritional cooking workshops in a beautiful, state-of-the-art teaching kitchen
- Daily Parking
Balcony registration fee Includes all of the above plus a room with a balcony.
Additional guest fees are $625 for for two nights. Guests are not intended to participate in the educational sessions.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ucsfcme.com/2019/MOS19001/info.html