VGX: Veterans Group Experience
This study will offer two kinds of classes for veterans with symptoms of PTSD or post-deployment stress, and test their effectiveness:
- Integrative Exercise, incorporating aerobic strength training with mindful breathing
- PTSD Recovery Classes, offering practical facts about PTSD treatment and recovery
Given the impact of COVID-19, participation in the study is now remote, facilitated via telehealth.
You may be eligible if you are:
- Between 18-75 years old
- Physically able to participate
- Experiencing symptoms of service-related stress
- A match for other study requirements
Learn more by visiting stressandhealthresearch.ucsf.edu/vgx.
Read the sample consent form.
Contact us at 415-996-4348.
- Principal Investigator: Thomas Neylan, MD, UCSF and the San Francisco VA Medical Center
- Co-Investigators: Wolf Mehling, MD and Margaret Chesney, PhD, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine