EMBODY Study: Evaluating Multivariate MRI Maps of Body Awareness
You can contribute to the neuroscience of meditation and our understanding of body awareness.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a meditator who is 25 years or older
- Have at least five years of consistent meditation practice
- Have a meditation practice that involves paying attention to your breath and body sensations
- Can comfortably lie still in an MRI scanner
- Are MRI safe (no metal implants, not claustrophobic)
- Can pay attention to experiences, such as body sensations and thoughts
- Are medically and psychiatrically healthy
People of all genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, and ability statuses are encouraged to participate.
As a participant, you will:
- Participate in computer tasks
- Have a brain scan (MRI) at the UCSF Neuroscience Imaging Center (visit duration is 3 to 4 hours, $75 payment, reimbursed for local travel)
- Receive pictures of your brain to take home with you
Read the consent form for more details on study participation.
Please email Jennifer Zhang at [email protected] or call (415) 514-8445 for more information.
- Principal Investigator: Helen Weng, PhD, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine