DELISH Study: Diabetes Education to Lower Insulin, Sugars, and Hunger
The DELISH Study is seeking adults with type 2 diabetes for an investigation of low-carbohydrate diets.
Are you trying to improve your diabetes through diet? Are food cravings a challenge? Participate in our study on diet, diabetes, and food cravings.
- Have type 2 diabetes
- Experience food cravings and eat in response to them
- Are 18+ years old
- Have a smartphone and able to use it regularly for study activities
- Follow a low-carbohydrate diet that emphasizes non-starchy vegetables, fats, and proteins, and limits starches and sugars
- Receive weekly supportive group sessions for 3 months to learn and implement a low-carbohydrate diet to help manage your diabetes. You may continue with monthly sessions for the remainder of the study year.
- Potentially learn mindfulness skills to cope with food cravings
- Receive support in making long-term dietary changes
- Complete 4 assessment visits over 12 months
- Be compensated for study visits up to $220
Read the consent form for more details on study participation.
Questions? Call us at 415.353.9723.
- Principal Investigator: Frederick Hecht, MD, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Health