James Mitchell, PhD
- Public Class Instructor, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
Public Classes Taught
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
James Mitchell teaches Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and leads the Mindfulness Alumni Programs at the Osher Center. He focuses on the connection between and application of psychology, philosophy, and mind-body practices for health and well-being.
He also teaches mindfulness in UCSF’s Department of Surgery and is adjunct faculty in the departments of Health Education and Nursing at San Francisco State University and Samuel Merritt University.
Education and Training
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training, Center for Mindfulness in Medicine
- PhD, East-West Psychology, California Institute of Integral Studies
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Duquesne University
- BA, Psychology, Lock Haven State University
Personal Statement and Approach
Mindfulness meditation brings insight into the present moment and unravels the knots within to lead a more positive, balanced, and happy life.