Bonnie O’Brien Jonsson, MS
- Public Class Instructor, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
Public Classes Taught
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Bonnie O’Brien Jonsson has been a practitioner of mindfulness meditation since 1993. She is also a certified qi gong instructor.
She worked as a program director and hospital clinician for 16 years prior to starting her business providing continuing education seminars for health care professionals. She has also led workshops in mindful living and dying for 15 years. She has taught mindfulness-based stress reduction at Google and Berkeley Law, and she teaches meditation in prisons and other venues in the Bay Area. Ms. O’Brien-Jonsson brings a sense of joy and kindness into her teaching
Education and Training
- Dedicated Practitioners Program and Professional Training with JKZ, Center for Mindfulness, Spirit Rock Meditation Center
- MS, Health Education, San Francisco State University
- BS, Psychology, Dominican University
Personal Statement and Approach
I love teaching and being with people as they learn the practice of mindfulness and am inspired by each class. My intention is to provide a safe place that nourishes each person and I focus on developing self trust and kindness.