Mindfulness-Based Pain Reduction
The Mindfulness-Based Pain Reduction (MBPR) Study is seeking adults with chronic low back pain for an interactive, internet-based study using Zoom. Do you have chronic low back pain? Do you have a smart phone and computer or tablet with internet access? Want to try out an 8-week mindfulness course to help you cope? Participate in a remote study using weekly 2 ½ hour long mindfulness classes and a daylong retreat that may help you better cope with your pain.
- Have chronic low back pain
- Are 18+ years old
- Have a smartphone and a computer or tablet and able to use it regularly for study activities
- Participate in an interactive internet based 8-week program on Zoom
- Participate in weekly 2 ½ hour-long Zoom classes and a 6 hour Zoom retreat
- Participate in 2 in-person visits, where you will have a ~1 hour brain MRI at the San Francisco VA Medical Center (the first 20 participants).
- Practice at home for 30 minutes every day
- Complete online questionnaires twice during the 8-week period and at 6 months
- Possibly be interviewed after the study (1-2 hours over Zoom)
- Be compensated for your time.
- Read the consent form for more details on study participation.
- Click here to find out if you may be eligible!
Email us at [email protected].
Clinical Research Coordinator: Kirsten Rogers