- Public Class Instructor, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
Public Classes Taught
Kazuyo Shimokawabe has been teaching laughter yoga at the Osher Center since 2017 and assists in the laughter yoga leader training that is taught twice a year by Teresa Corrigan. She offers workshops and trainings in a variety of educational settings, including Movable Ink, Kaiser Mission Bay, Park Branch library, JCCSF Brain Fitness Forum, and Healings in Motion.
Ms. Shimokawabe is a holistic and integrative health coach. In 2014, she tapped into the power of laughter yoga. She finds that it surpasses many other therapeutic practices because laughter is innate and universal, bypasses the intellectual system and cognitive thought process, brings practitioners into the “here and now” moment, and helps release blocked energies and pent-up emotions.
Education and Training
- Certified Holistic Health Coach Training, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Professional Health Coach Training, Hilton Johnson
- Certified META-Health Practitioner Training, META Health University
- Certified Raw Foods Chef Level 1 Training, Pure Joy Culinary Academy
- Certified Living Foods Educator Training, Living Foods Institute
- Raw Foods Teacher Training, Alissa Cohen Raw Foods Teacher Training
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training, Laughter Yoga University
- Ongoing Lifestyle Prescriptions Health Coach Training, Lifestyle Prescriptions University
Personal Statement and Approach
I am honored to teach laughter yoga at the UCSF Osher Center and many other venues. Participants leave class saying things like, “It was amazing.” “I feel like I did a cardio exercise.” “I feel so good!” This is the heart of laughter yoga exercise — you get energized and relaxed at the same time. I am in total alignment with the saying, “laughter is the best medicine.” Join me in class!