LILA: Lessening Incontinence through Low-impact Activity
Do you have frequent unwanted urine leakages?
Researchers are running a study to better understand how to treat urinary incontinence.
What are we studying?
The LILA Study (Lessening Incontinence through Low-impact Activity) is a randomized trial of a group-based yoga practice program versus physical conditioning program for treatment of urinary incontinence in women.
What does this involve?
Participation in this study includes 4 clinic visits over 12 weeks. We have offices in San Francisco, Oakland, and Redwood City.
You will also be asked to:
- Answer questionnaires
- Attend yoga or physical conditioning classes 2 times a week, for 12 weeks
You may receive up to $125 in gift cards and help with parking costs.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a woman, at least 45 years old
- Frequently experience unwanted urine leakages (e.g. daily)
- UCSF Mount Zion or Oakland: Please leave a message at (415) 885-7547 or email [email protected]
- Stanford University: Please call (650) 724-7826 or email [email protected]