Teresa Corrigan, MA, RN
Public Classes Taught
- Laughter Yoga
- Laughter Yoga and Meditation
Teresa Corrigan has been teaching stress management and breathing therapies since 1988, in both hospital and outpatient settings, and she has taught laughter yoga since 2009. She also specializes in pre- and post-operative surgery preparation, cardiac-health maintenance, guided imagery, and meditation, and provides classes and training for healthcare professionals and others to become laughter yoga leaders.
Ms. Corrigan is a registered nurse with more than 25 years of healthcare experience, a board certified nurse coach, and a nationally certified biofeedback practitioner and laughter yoga instructor.
Education and Training
- Biofeedback Fellow, Board Certified in Biofeedback (BCB), Biofeedback Certification International Alliance
- Board Certified Nurse Coach, American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation
- Interactive Imagery Practitioner Certification, Beyond Ordinary Nursing
- Integrative Health and Lifestyle Program , University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Mind-Body Medicine Professional Training, Center for Mind-Body Medicine
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training, Center for Mindfulness in Medicine
- Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher Training, Laughter Yoga University and the World Laughter Tour
- MA, San Francisco State University
- BS, Nursing, University of Wyoming
Personal Statement and Approach
I continue to be in awe of the power of our innate ability to laugh — both in dealing with my own health challenges and through the inspiration of my patients and students in classes and trainings. Because laughter yoga is unconditional and doesn’t rely on jokes or comedy, it taps into our own unique healing resources as we “laugh for no reason.” I think laughter really is the best medicine!