Mindfulness for Teens
Mindfulness is a practice of relating to our present-moment experience with openness, curiosity and kindness. This eight-week class is specially designed to help teens learn powerful mindfulness-based tools to reduce stress, increase health and well-being, and follow through on what is important to them. This class has been specially designed for teens using games, movement, group discussion and a variety of teachings and practices. It will help teens understand the basic principles of mindfulness, develop a personal practice, and to apply mindfulness tools in their daily life.
Mindfulness can have a positive impact in the following ways:
- Developing feelings of peace, well-being, and happiness
- Increasing performance in academics, sports, and work
- Improving relationships, sleep, and the immune system
- Enhancing creativity, attention, and concentration — the foundations for all learning
- Reducing stress, difficult emotions, chronic physical pain, and addictive behavior
Ages: 15 to 19 years old (14 years old with the consent of the instructor)
Limited scholarships are available. Please call (415) 353-7718 for more information.
Dates: To be determined
Location: 1545 Divisadero Street, San Francisco
Contact: Email us or call (415) 353-7718.
Should you need accommodation in order to apply to or participate in a program offered by the Osher Center, please contact the Osher Clinic education coordinator at [email protected]u or (415) 353-7718.
Quotes from past participants:
- “People have always told me about doing mindfulness, but I felt like it wasn’t going to help until I joined the class. Nothing else has helped me to have this peace and calm that I have now.”
“I’ve been able to have self-love, which is something I have never in my whole life been able to do.”