Living with Cancer Classes and Support Groups
Mind-Body Wellness Classes
The following classes are offered free of charge to anyone living with cancer, including both UCSF and non-UCSF patients, as well as their caregivers. They are co-sponsored by the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and the UCSF Patient and Family Cancer Support Center.
- Restorative Movement: The Feldenkrais Method®
- Core and More
- Meditation and Guided Imagery for People with Cancer and Caregivers
All classes take place at on the 5th floor at 1545 Divisadero Street, San Francisco. Should you need accommodation in order to apply to or participate in a program offered by the Osher Center, please contact the Osher Clinic education coordinator at [email protected] or (415) 353-7718.
For more information about any of these classes, please call the Cancer Resource Center at (415) 885-3693.
Support Group for Cancer Patients
The Osher Center hosts a support group for cancer patients with facilitator Patty Moran, PhD, on Wednesdays from 5:20 to 6:50 p.m. This group is for people with any type of cancer, in any stage. Please note that this group is for patients only, rather than caregivers. To register, please call Patty Moran, PhD at (415) 353-9745.
The UCSF Cancer Resource Center also holds several support groups for people with cancer and their caregivers.
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Patient Education Resources
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Podcasts
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center Videos
- “Thinking About Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Guide to People with Cancer” from the National Cancer Institute
- “Talking about Complementary and Alternative Medicine with Health Care Providers: A Workbook and Tips” from the National Cancer Institute
- “Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment” from the National Cancer Institute
- “Anticancer Lifestyle Program” from Concord Hospital
- Dr. Donald Abrams’ four-part video series on Integrative Cancer Care at The New School at Commonweal:
Part 2: The Role of Nutrition