George Yeung, MD
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Health
- Mind-body and mindfulness-based interventions
- Nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle interventions
- Integrative oncology and cancer care
- Stress, inflammation, and pain
Experience and Current Work
Dr. George Yeung is passionate about reducing health disparities and employing a holistic approach to improving health and quality of life. In medical school, George provided patient care to the underserved population of Louisiana dramatically impacted by Hurricane Katrina and studied the effectiveness of primary care and pharmacy partnerships on social determinants of health among high-risk patients with polypharmacy.
As a TRIM research fellow, George is working with Dr. Rick Hecht and Dr. Patty Moran on the Diabetes Education to Lower Insulin, Sugars, and Hunger Study (DELISH). George is interested in studying how optimizing lifestyle interventions with mindfulness-based strategies can improve health outcomes and dietary adherence for adults with Type 2 Diabetes.
Education and Training
- MD, University of Queensland - Ochsner
- BS, Psycho-Biology, University of California, Los Angeles
- Yeung GS, Semana R, Huynh T, Rovira R, Greer S, Carstarphen KJ. Pill-Packing Intervention on Health Outcomes Among High-Risk Patients. American Federation for Medical Research. Journal of Investigative Medicine, 2020.