- Predoctoral Research Fellow, Osher Center
Areas of Interest
- Yoga, Yoga Therapy
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
Experience and Current Work
Erin became interested in the mind-body connection at Swarthmore College where she started practicing Iyengar Yoga. After completing her undergraduate studies in Spanish and Latin American Literature and Premedicine, she worked as a clinical research coordinator at UC Davis and Stanford, working on psychosis and OBGYN MFM/REI research respectively. Throughout her 5 years coordinating clinical research, she continued her yoga practice and became certified to teach via Judith Lasater’s Relax and Renew and IYISF Teacher Training Programs.
Erin is completing her medical degree at Dartmouth where she conducted a pilot study studying yoga’s effects on hypertension as a Rodis Fellow, participated in LEAPS in IM, and is investigating the effects of Relaxation Response and Resiliency Training on post-surgical breast cancer patients and medical students with Drs. Stahl and Linshaw. She also returned from 2 months studying Iyengar Yoga at RIMYI in Pune, India. She looks forward to working at the UCSF Osher Center on the DELISH study while strengthening her understanding of Integrative Medicine, Mind-Body Medicine, and Clinical Research.
Education and Training
- MD Candidate, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College
- BA, Spanish and Latin American Literature, Swarthmore College
- In submission: Floyd E, Burns T, Linos K, LeBlanc R, Carter J, Jarvis L, Lansigan F. Combined modality treatment with brentuximab vedotin and radiation therapy for primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma: a case report. Submitted to Journal of Hematology on June 11, 2019.
- In submission: Linshaw D, Floyd E, Rosenkranz K, Stahl J. Application of a mind-body tool in a rural population to improve post-operative outcomes in women with breast cancer: A pilot study. Submitted to Surgical Oncology on July 1, 2019.
- In composition: Floyd E, Madan J, Greenberg J, Thakur D. Factitious angioedema: a patient presenting with repeated requests for endotracheal intubation leading to life threatening hypoxic cardiac arrest. Psychosomatic Journal.
- In composition: Fee E, Floyd E, Rao S. Optimal diagnostic steps and laparoscopic management of ACUM.
- Griffin G, Floyd E, Dali S, Dunaway C, Genereaux S, Olson A (2019). Assessing Mental Health Concerns Amongst Rural Spanish-Speaking Dairy Farm Workers. Journal of Agromedicine. Accepted June 12, 2019.
- Floyd E, von Versen-Höynck F, Liu J, et al. (2016). Collection of pregnancy outcome records following infertility—challenges and possible solutions. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics. 33(8): 993-999. doi:10.1007/s10815-016-0733-1
- Floyd E, Allyse M, & Michie M (2016). Spanish- and English-Speaking Pregnant Women’s Views on cfDNA and Other Prenatal Screening: Practical and Ethical Reflections. Journal of Genetic Counseling. First Online: 07 January 2016 doi: 10.1007/s10897-015-9928-3.
- Fulford D, Niendam TA, Floyd EG, Carter CS, Mathalon DH, Vinogradov S, Stuart BK, & Loewy RL (2013). Symptoms Dimensions and Functional Impairment in Early Psychosis: More to the Story Than Just Negative Symptoms. Schizophrenia Research: 147(1):125-31. doi: 10.1016/j.schres.2013.03.024.