Job Opportunity: Osher Center Director of Education
The UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine is currently recruiting a Director of Education
Application materials are due Friday, July 26th at 5pm. Please read below for more information on the position and how to apply.
The Director of Education for the UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, working closely with the Associate Director for Education and the Center Director, provides leadership for the development, implementation, evaluation, dissemination, and coordination of professional education activities of the Osher Center. Areas of responsibility include UME (both required integrative medicine Bridges content and electives); GME, including the Osher Center Clinical Fellowship in Integrative Medicine and the Faculty Scholars Program; interprofessional education; CME and CEU courses sponsored by the Osher Center; and integrative medicine courses through the Osher Mini Medical School for the Public. The Director of Education:
- Administers the education program in accordance with the vision of the Osher Center to nurture health and inspire well-being in all people. The mission of the education program is to create outstanding integrative health leaders through transformative education and training.
- Provides leadership, oversight, and accountability for the quality of health professions education initiatives sponsored by the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, including being responsible for
- Developing innovative educational experiences for learners
- Coordinating selection and recruitment of faculty and staff to meet specific educational needs for courses run by the Osher Center
- Incorporating new developments in integrative health, health professions education, and professional development
- Formulating and assessing achievement of learning objectives
- Conducting an annual evaluation of the education program to assess the quality of the educational experience and review available resources in order to ensure that maximal benefit is derived from the integration of program components
- Financial oversight of education program endeavors
- Collaborating with external partners to deliver Osher-Center-approved educational content (e.g., CME course offerings in partnership with 1440 Multiversity).
- Participates in and promotes scholarship, including contributions of faculty and staff to new knowledge, encouraging and supporting trainee scholarship, and contributing to a culture of scholarly inquiry by active participation in Osher Center and Osher Collaborative grand rounds, case conferences, journal clubs, and national and international professional conferences.
An appointment as the Osher Foundation Endowed Chair in Education in Integrative Medicine will be coterminous with the Director of Education appointment. Anticipated salary support is 10-25% commensurate with the annual endowment payout.
Required: Demonstrated excellence as a medical or health professions educator, including
- Experience teaching integrative medicine at both UME and GME levels
- Knowledge of principles of medical and interprofessional education
- Proven leadership skills, such as team building, management, and problem solving
- Experience initiating an education program, defining program strategy, and providing overall direction for program development
- Knowledge of ACGME requirements
- Knowledge of ACCME requirements
- Fellowship-trained in integrative medicine
- Board-certified/-eligible, American Board of Integrative Medicine
- Formal training in education
- Member of the Haile T. Debas Academy of Medical Educators
How to Apply
Send the following application materials to Angela Sutkaitis, Osher Center Director of Finance & Administration, at [email protected] by Friday, July 26th at 5pm:
- Letter of Interest (word count: 500 max): Describe experience and accomplishments in all applicable categories:
- Mentoring and advising
- Curriculum development and instructional design and technology
- Educational leadership
- Learner assessment
- Diversity Statement (more information) (word count: 250 max)
- References (2): Names and contact information
- Letter of support from department chair