Job Opportunity: Coordinating Center Manager
The UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine is currently recruiting a full-time Coordinating Center Manager for the Coordinating Center for the Osher Collaborative for Integrative Medicine. Learn more and apply here.
The Coordinating Center Manager (CC Manager) will serve as the administrative lead for the Coordinating Center (CC) for the Osher Collaborative for Integrative Medicine (Collaborative) at UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine.
This position provides high-level administrative and operations support for the CC and reports to the UCSF Osher Center Director. The position supervises a part-time communications coordinator.
The CC serves to facilitate collaborative efforts among the seven international Osher Centers: UCSF, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women's Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Miami University, Northwestern University, University of Washington, and Vanderbilt University.
The CC Manager is responsible for administrative support and oversight of the Collaborative web presence; CC communications and meetings, including an annual conference; and providing necessary project support for education, clinical, and research initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree in related area (business administration, public administration and / or health care) and five years of experience in administration and / or operations; or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Knowledge of a variety of administrative operational activities such as event planning, risk management planning, website design
• Strong skills in short-term planning, analysis, problem-solving, and customer service
• Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
• Master's degree in related area (business administration, public administration and / or health care)
• Thorough knowledge of University rules and regulations, processes, protocols and procedures for budget, accounting and fund management, and / or personnel management
• Solid knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs
• Previous experience in an academic and / or public health or healthcare setting or non-profit organization
• Previous experience with the University of California system